Re: [avr-chat] EEprom Read on Tiny13

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [avr-chat] EEprom Read on Tiny13
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2007 23:34:14 +0200 (MET DST)

Robert von Knobloch <address@hidden> wrote:

> The library functions, defined in "avr-libc-1.4.6/libc/misc/eeprom.S"
> always write a 16-Bit address to the EEAR register. This is expressly
> forbidden in the Tiny13 datasheet and is the cause of my problems.

Curious, where is this `expressly forbidden', except that the
respective register (which would be in place of EEARH) is marked as
reserved?

Too bad if that no longer works.  This trick used to work for all AVRs
so far: the undefined EEARH register was just ignored.

The bad thing about this is that working around that will introduce
more flavors of EEPROM implementation functions inside the library,
similar to the different register locations that are already
implemented.

> Also the header file "avr-libc-1.4.6/include/avr/iotn13.h" must be
> amended at line 103 "EIN1D" should read "AIN1D".

That's correct.

Please file bug reports for both bugs.