Re: [avr-chat] One way transmittion on Linux

From: Graham Davies
Subject: Re: [avr-chat] One way transmittion on Linux
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2007 20:12:36 -0400

John wrote (in part):
...  works fine on hyperterminal....
Linux cu or miniterm on same
computer I have only one way.
...Any ideas ?

HyperTerminal has screwed up more people than I care to count. I suggest you don't use it. In this case, my guess is that the reason your system works with HyperTerminal is that HyperTerminal "paces" or "throttles" transmission to well below the full line rate. The other terminal emulators are operating correctly. Therefore, your application is probably not able to keep up with the bit rate you have selected. Reduce the bit rate, improve the responsiveness of your application or use hardware flow control (but, it may come on for every character).

Graham.