Re: [avr-chat] device signature problem

From: Preston Wilson
Subject: Re: [avr-chat] device signature problem
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2007 20:52:19 -0500

My guess would be that avrdude cannot find the avrdude.conf file, which is
where the expected signatures are located. If avrdude is finding the conf
file, then look in it to see the expected ATmega8 signature.

I am being a bit lazy, as I have not looked at the source code to see how
avrdude handles a missing conf file or how it locates the default conf file.
If I were having this problem, those are the two things I would look at
next.

-Preston