Re: [avr-chat] Getting started

From: David Kelly
Subject: Re: [avr-chat] Getting started
Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2008 18:32:30 -0600

Deleted all the other text because nothing made good quoting sense.

*I* would wire the switch from the port pin to ground, and enable the internal pullup. At least that's all I would do when playing. For a production/shipping system I'd probably want to source more current through the switch if its off-board.

Pull-downs are usually nasty. Good practice one must pull down to 0.4V for a good zero, but when pulling up one only has to go to 2.4V on a 5V system. Lots more room for slop when pulling up.

--
David Kelly N4HHE, address@hidden