[avr-chat] FatFS LFN Support

From: Jim Brain
Subject: [avr-chat] FatFS LFN Support
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2008 02:45:20 -0600

While I was lurking and piddling around implementing FAT16/FAT32 LFN code as a hobby in the last 2 years, FatFS showed up. Now that I am getting back into things, I spent last week working through all the details of adding LFNs on file creates in my codebase, only to find FatFS. As such, instead of creating yet another FAT16/FAT32 codebase, I am modifying FatFS to include LFN support.

file reads, dir reads, and file open/writes seem to work, though I just got the code working tonight. I am looking for folks who have used the library, as there are things I don't understand about the FatFS logic, and I need some additional testing (eyeballs) to look at the code.

To make testing easier, I imaged an actual CF card here and wrote a simple stub diskio.c that simply reads and writes the image.

Jim