[avr-chat] Problems writing to an attiny2313 in a dapa programmer

From: Eric Evans
Subject: [avr-chat] Problems writing to an attiny2313 in a dapa programmer
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2008 22:35:05 -0800 (PST)

Hello all,

  I'm new to programming AVRs so please excuse any
stupid questions I'm about to ask.  I have a tube of
ATTINY2313V-10 that I am trying to experiment with.  I
have wired up a DAPA programming board like the one
listed on
http://www.captain.at/electronics/atmel-programmer/
but I am having problems getting AVRDude to write to
it.  It sees the chip just fine but tells me that it's
not a 2313 because the expected signature is 1E 91 01
while my chip responds with 0x1E910A.  I added the -F
option to AVRDude to force it past that point.  It
goes past the erasing flash stage without a hitch but
when it goes to write my code into the chip it just
says write failed.  What should I even look at?  I
know it's getting input from the chip so I'm assuming
my programmer is wired correctly... Is that a bad
assumption?  Could it be a voltage issue?  The
schematic the programmer was made from specifies a
4mHz frequency but the closest I had was 3.579...
Could that be my problem?  I'm not sure where to go
from here so anyone with suggestions would be greatly
appreciated.  Thank you in advance.

- Eric

Be a better friend, newshound, and