Re: [avr-chat] Porting Digital Filters (doc2527) assembly to avrgcc

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [avr-chat] Porting Digital Filters (doc2527) assembly to avrgcc
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2008 17:00:10 +0100 (MET)

Kreyl <address@hidden> wrote:

>   What  should  I do (makefile, includes, etc.) to tell compiler where
>   to search and what to do with FIR2 function?

It's the linker that will search for it, not the compiler itself.  For
the compiler, all you have to do is declaring the function (i.e. through
the prototype you've already shown).

However, it's not only that you have to adapt the Atmel (or IAR?)
assembly file to GNU assembler syntax (which involves changing the
pseudo-op syntax), you also have to modify it for the different
ABI.  IAR passes arguments starting with r16 upwards, GCC passes
arguments down from r24/r25.