Re: [avr-chat] Dragon: mega slow at dumping Flash, normal ?

From: Bill Gatliff
Subject: Re: [avr-chat] Dragon: mega slow at dumping Flash, normal ?
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2009 18:08:19 -0500

Vincent Trouilliez wrote:
> On Thu, 25 Jun 2009 15:48:06 -0500
> Bill Gatliff <address@hidden> wrote:
>

>> I think AVR Studio might run ok under Wine.
>>

> Didn't work on Wine, so tried it in a virtual machine... avr studio
> fails to connect to the Dragon. I did notice that Windows XP detected
> the Dragon at start up, and wanted to in stall a driver for it ! Does
> the dragon really require a driver before AVR Studio can connect to
> it ??

Yes, but the driver is supposed to be installed along with AVR Studio so
it shouldn't need to hunt very far for it.

Part of the driver's function is to set information so that Windows and
AVR Studio can recognize what the board is.  AVR Studio then installs
firmware into the Dragon itself.

Come to think of it, I'm wondering if your Dragon has any firmware
installed, if it's never been connected to an AVR Studio before.  Guess
it must come from the factory with something...

b.g.