Re: [avr-chat] Dragon: mega slow at dumping Flash, normal ?

From: Heike C. Zimmerer
Subject: Re: [avr-chat] Dragon: mega slow at dumping Flash, normal ?
Date: Sat, 04 Jul 2009 14:49:08 +0200

Bob Paddock <address@hidden> writes:

> A colleague of mine, new to AVRs, tried to use debugWIRE to step
> through some code that I gave him.  In my code I turned off the SPI
> port through the Power Reduction Register.
>
> Once he hit that point, the part died.  Anyway to recover them?

You can power cycle the part if you can prevent it from reaching the PRR
write instruction.  If you can not, use any of the other ways to
reprogram the part (e.g., HVSP).

> I did not expect to see any interaction of the SPI and debugWIRE
> myself?

So did I.  That is, until I stumbled across that behaviour ... Never
founf any mention of it in the ATmega168's data sheet (that's where I
encountered it).

Heike