Re: [avr-chat] SFRs in assembly code

From: Heike C. Zimmerer
Subject: Re: [avr-chat] SFRs in assembly code
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2009 20:12:18 +0200

"Daniel Otte" <address@hidden> writes:

> Heike C. Zimmerer schrieb:
>> It's UBRR0H (last two chars reversed).  As it is written now, the
>> assembler must assume that is an externally defined symbol (thus not a
>> constant).
> Thanks for the advice, but now I'm facing some troubles with
> <utils/setbaud.h>.
> my config.h includes the following:
> [...]
> #include <avr/io.h>
> #define F_CPU 16000000
> #define UART0_BAUD_RATE 38400
> [...]
>
> I get the following errors:
> uart_ni-asm.S: Assembler messages:
> uart_ni-asm.S:27: Error: missing ')'
[..]
> while line 27 is:
>       ldi r24, UBRRH_VALUE

Given that UBBR_VALUE is defined to be something like

 #define UBRR_VALUE (((F_CPU) + 4UL * (BAUD)) / (8UL * (BAUD)) -1UL)

I'd guess that there's a spurious semicolon somewhere within the
#defines which are used to calculate the final value.  This makes the
rest of the assembly line after the semicolon into a comment, thus the
closing brace(s) is/are missed.

Just a guess, of course.

Heike