RE: [avr-chat] ATtiny48 avrdude config entry

From: Weddington, Eric
Subject: RE: [avr-chat] ATtiny48 avrdude config entry
Date: Tue, 4 Aug 2009 19:52:32 -0600

Hi Scott,

Your help is definitely appreciated, however, here are a few suggestions:
- Don't send your avrdude patch to the avr-chat mailing list. The avrdude
project resides on Savannah and has it's own mailing list.
- Better still, don't send your patch to a mailing list, as emails get lost
very quickly. Avrdude has a Patch Tracker, where you can attach your patch and
I can guarantee you that the avrdude developers will then eventually get to
that patch. See here:
<https://savannah.nongnu.org/patch/?group=avrdude>
You have to have a Savannah user ID and password to create a new Patch Tracker
item.
- It's better to use the -u switch when you create a patch. This creates a
"unified" form patch, which is much easier to read when evaluating new patches.
In general, most open source projects usually prefer to deal with patches
created with diff -u (and sometimes other switches as well such as -p for C
source code).

HTH,
Eric Weddington