Fwd: Re: Fwd: Re: [avr-chat] linker builds file too big, is it a bug?

From: bob
Subject: Fwd: Re: Fwd: Re: [avr-chat] linker builds file too big, is it a bug?
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2011 16:34:34 +0100

> The avr linker scripts are 'family' based and not precisely tailored fot
> each avr model.
> I use an edited linker script where this is a problem. It's very easy,
> change your Makefile (or whatever you use) to add "-T link.ld" (where
> link.ld is your edited linker script) to the linker flags.
Yes, infact in the sample project here:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7966431/test_avr-ld.tar.gz

this linker script is also included

best regards

Sorry, I didn't get all the posts in order, otherwise I would have seen
that the linker script is OK.
FWIW I just tried it with one of my tiny13 projects. Shortening the
.text definition did cause the linker to complain, as it should.
I'm using avr-libc 1.70

Regards,

Bob