Re: [avr-chat] Automated access for document revision queries?

From: Ruud Vlaming
Subject: Re: [avr-chat] Automated access for document revision queries?
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2011 08:36:47 +0000

On Sunday 13 February 2011, you wrote:

> Sorry Ruud. I don't know of a way to do this offhand.
To bad, maybe someone can suggest to the website guys that one
page with docnumber-revisiondate pairs would be vey handy. I am
sure i am not the only one with a large number of docs in local
copy. Btw, i think this info already exists somewhere because on
the wesite the revision date is mentioned next to the the download
on each device page.  It is hard to believe they type that all in by
hand.

A central place where people can post their errata would also
no be bad. For example, the latest AVR instruction (07/10) set
still states that "reti" sets the global interrupt flag which is
untrue (and incomplete) for the xmega. This well know for the
people working with regularly with xmega by now, but the
newbee may be using the datasheets first and will be quite
surprised that this is still incorrect.

Ruud