Re: [avr-chat] Multiple IDs in avrdude conf?

From: Bob von Knobloch
Subject: Re: [avr-chat] Multiple IDs in avrdude conf?
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2012 11:16:47 +0100

On 23/01/12 09:40, Rick Mann wrote:
Is it possible to specify multiple IDs for a part in avrdude.conf? It's a pain to specify two parts
in the Makefile, one for GCC, and one for avrdude. I don't want to duplicate the entire entry in
avrdude.conf, but I do want to be able to look up a part with "atmega644a" instead of

AVR-chat mailing list

As far as I am aware, avrdude also accepts the processor descriptions defined as 'MCU_TARGET' by avr-gcc.
All my projects '#define MCU_TARGET [processor_name e.g. atmega1284p]'
somwhere near the top and I then use awk to extract that long name for the Makefile and also for a bash script which calls avrdude, also using the long name.
This way, the processor definition is only in one place, the source.

Bob von Knobloch

The Sun is out, the sky is blue. It's time to drive the MR2.