Re: [avr-chat] ATXmega and usersig

From: Alexander Krause
Subject: Re: [avr-chat] ATXmega and usersig
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2012 09:10:10 +0200

Hi guys,

 looks like I'm moving backwards :-(

Well, I registered at Atmel, downloaded AVR-Studio 5.1 and tried to get
my programmer running but somehow AVR Studio simply does not find it. It
worked with version 5.0 though.

Anyway, I got another idea.

Did anyone wrote the usersig from the MCU itself?
My idea was to check if my serial has the value 0 (bytes 0 & 1 of the
usersig) and then erase the usersig because a serial with the value 0
would be invalid in my case.

The code looks like this:
Device_Serial=(SP_ReadUserSignatureByte(0)<<8)|
SP_ReadUserSignatureByte(1);

if (Device_Serial==0) {
  //erase usersig
  SP_EraseUserSignatureRow();
}

Somehow even this does not work. Did I miss something?

Regards,
Alex