Re: [avr-chat] simple Q: looking for avrdude.exe like 5.2 for win-XP

From: Xiaofan Chen
Subject: Re: [avr-chat] simple Q: looking for avrdude.exe like 5.2 for win-XP
Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2017 20:56:27 +0800

On Sun, Jan 15, 2017 at 8:51 PM, georg chambert
<address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi !
> Im a bit ... well uneasy; I have a winAVR installation, with avrdude 5.1,
> well working but not supporting usbasp
>
> I just want that in, and dont want to go through all trouble of going from
> source to exe, just want to change the .exe
> (if that now is possible) I dont also have cygwin, but minGW, so I dont want
> to go into changing that (tested ./configure ;but didnt work...)
>
> pls if someone has a good idea

It is now easy to get avrdude binay using MSYS2 since they provide a
package for avrdude and you can use pacman to get avrdude binary
package (32bit or 64bit).

Ref:
http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/avrdude-dev/2017-01/msg00000.html

The current binary you can get from MSYS2 is version 6.3 of avrdude
which should be good for you.

--
Xiaofan