Re: [avr-chat] New avr-libc

From: Erik Christiansen
Subject: Re: [avr-chat] New avr-libc
Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2017 21:30:18 +1000

On 01.08.17 14:09, Bob von Knobloch wrote:

> > Hi Bob,
> >
> > Have you tried without the "-c", i.e. a single-step compile? If that
> > works, then avr-gcc is handing over some needed parameter to avr-ld.
>
> Hi Erik,
> Same output without "-c"
>
> > But for diagnosis, what is listed after the linker script when you:
> >
> > $ avr-gcc -mmcu=atmega1284p -Wl,--verbose | more
>
> attempt to open crtatmega1284p.o failed
... (lots more failures elided)

That's not looking good at all. Now we have two simple generic compiler
tests that avr-gcc is failing for the atmega1284p. To confirm that it is
avr-gcc asking for a non-existent crt file, and not a path issue, I'd
try the following, which on my older version gives:

$ locate crtm1284 crtatmega1284
/usr/lib/avr/lib/avr5/crtm1284p.o
/usr/lib/avr/lib/avr51/crtm1284p.o

> Thanks for the advice.
> How's it going on the farm down under?

Since tales of wombats digging under the concrete slab in the cowshed,
and bumping around under the house floorboards at night are not entirely
on-topic, I'll save them for an off-list reply.

Erik