[avr-chat] AVRDude OSX High Sierra

From: Bittrace14
Subject: [avr-chat] AVRDude OSX High Sierra
Date: Sun, 24 Dec 2017 23:33:23 +0100

(hope this is the correct place to post this, apologies if not)
I am trying to use AVRDude on OSX High Sierra 10.31.2 (17C88) with an AtmelICE.
I have downloaded the latest, signed kext from
(http://download.savannah.gnu.org/releases/avrdude/AtmelICE-kext-for-High-Sierra.zip)
 and done the following:
Unzipped the ZIP, copied the kext to /Library/Extensions.
sudo kextload /Library/Extensions/AtmelICE.kext
Under "Security & Privacy”I have allowed “Nicholas Sayer”
Re-executed sudo kextload /Library/Extensions/AtmelICE.kext
I get this:

/Library/Extensions/AtmelICE.kext failed to load - (libkern/kext)
authentication failure (file ownership/permissions); check the system/kernel
logs for errors or try kextutil(8).

I have tried various things like sudo chown -R root:wheel
/Library/Extensions/AtmelICE.kext and sudo kextcache -system-caches
all to no effect.

When I try sudo kextutil /Library/Extensions/AtmelICE.kext,
I get this:
Kext rejected due to improper filesystem permissions: <OSKext 0x7fb5b6285a20
[0x7fff8be08980]> { URL =
"file:///Library/StagedExtensions/Library/Extensions/AtmelICE.kext/", ID =
"com.kfu.AtmelICE" }
Diagnostics for /Library/Extensions/AtmelICE.kext:
Authentication Failures:
    File owner/permissions are incorrect (must be root:wheel, nonwritable by
group/other):
        /Library/StagedExtensions/Library/Extensions/AtmelICE.kext
        Contents
        _CodeSignature
        CodeResources
        CodeDirectory
        CodeRequirements-1
        CodeSignature
        CodeRequirements
        Info.plist

Warnings:
    Personality CFBundleIdentifier differs from containing kext's (not
necessarily a mistake, but rarely done):
        AtmelICE
    Kext has no executable or compatible version, so it should not declare any
OSBundleLibraries.

When I check the permissions of the AtmelICE.kext, I see that they appear
identical to those of other kexts that load fine.
Anyone got any suggestions?
Br,
Philip