[avr-gcc-list] avr-gcc testing

From: Ron Kreymborg
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] avr-gcc testing
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2001 20:42:34 +1100

Gunnar

I downloaded your latest Windows avrgcc20010211.exe version but still looks
like either you may not have the latest avrlib, or I am doing something
wrong.

After fixing a couple of minor bugs (pulling the definition for atof() out
of the comments section in stdlib.h, and pre-pending the two underscores to
the fp_zero calls in strtod.s), the test below program gives the link error:

C:/AVRGCC\BIN\..\lib\gcc-lib\avr\2.97\..\..\..\..\avr\lib\avr3\libm.a(dtostr
e.o): In function 'dtostre':
C:/AVRGCC/lib/avr-libc-20010211/src/./fplib/dtostre.S:221: undefined
reference to '__udivmodqi4'

The test program simply converts an ascii string to floating point and back
again:

#include <stdlib.h>
int main(void);
const char *number = "0.487467";
char result[20];
int main(void)
{
   float theNumber;
   // Convert ascii to floating point
   theNumber = (float)atof(number);
   // Convert back to a scientific format.
   dtostre(theNumber, result, 4, 0x6);
   // This should leave "+4.8747E-01" in result.
   return 0;
}

I am compiling for a mega103 and I have included the -lm parameter in the
link parameters. I have tried to compile the darn avr-gcc compiler from the
CVS souces several times but without success, as otherwise I would fix this
problem myself.

Regards
Ron Kreymborg