Re: [avr-gcc-list] Phil's stk200 linux programmer

From: Michel Catudal
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] Phil's stk200 linux programmer
Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2001 09:11:47 -0500

Carl Wall a écrit :

> Phil Ray has released a new version of his Linux parallel port stk200
> programming software.  From the readme.
>
>             This is mostly a code clean-up release, with the exception
> of the "-p" (no pause) switch, which allows skipping the "Insert the AVR
> into the programmer..." prompt. Some people have requested this in order to
> integrate the utilities into Makefiles or scripts. Additionally, all of the
> programs now respond with help and version information to the "-h" and "-v"
> prompts. The Makefile has been improved. Configuration information (which
> hardware and port, etc.) is now in the Makefile. The man pages, originally
> released separately, are now part of the package. It should now be easier to
> make the utilities work with new parallel-port-programmer hardware as all of
> the configuration information for each hardware platform is contained in a
> header file.
>
>         http://www.cnhtech.com/~avr1/
>
>    If you build the stk200 dongle which is also on the site, you can program
> avr chips without having a stk200 board.
>
>  Cheers
>   Carl

I did release another programmer for the stk200 dongle and provide plans also
for a dongle. The difference with my programmer is that I increase the speed
of programming and it should work under a user. I do require you to have
the tvision library installed but do have it available on my web site as well.
The programmer runs in a turbo vision environment and uses the new parallel
port kernel driver.

--
Tired of Microsoft's rebootive multitasking?
then it's time to upgrade to Linux.