[avr-gcc-list] Possible bug

From: Stergiou Stergios
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] Possible bug
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2001 00:37:31 +0300 (EET DST)

signed char var;

var=0;
if(var<0)
 ...;

the condition is true when -Os and behaves normally when -O.
I am not using the latest version so maybe this is fixed.

This aside, has anyone made a point-to-point full-duplex
connection between 2 avrs, using their spi? My attempt so
far has been unsuccessfull regarding the reception from the
master. I have N byte packets and transmit N 0x00 before
the actual packet. The packet header is !=0x00. Upon receiving,
I begin to accept data when N 0x00 have come and the next
byte is the msb of the packet header. Apart from this packet-level
synchronization, I sync in a byte-level by raising and droping
-ss before every byte transmittion. I think that this last
action may interfere with the slave (it resets its spi).
Any ideas maybe?