Re: [avr-gcc-list] Avoiding memory initialization

From: Lai Kang Tin
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] Avoiding memory initialization
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2001 23:12:41 +0800 (HKT)

Hi,

There is a loop inside the C startup code for zeroing the bss segment,
to realize your requirement, you need to modify the C startup code
for your own. The startup code uses symbol __bss_end to stop the zeroing loop,
you change it to (__bss_end - 10), ten bytes assumed for your application.

To access these 10 bytes storage, use pointer in your codes:

extern unsigned __bss_end;
char *pointer = (char *)(&__bss_end - 10);

void func()
{
        *pointer = 0x12;
}