Re: [avr-gcc-list] buffered uart writing/reading

From: Harald Kipp
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] buffered uart writing/reading
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2001 21:00:54 +0100 (MEZ)

>if the folks who did this are on this list

Unfortunately Dave Hudson, who wrote the initial code,
has been employed by one of Atmel's competitors.

Send any feedback regarding Nut/OS to

address@hidden

The whole thing is quite complex and may still
contain bugs. There seem to be something wrong when
calling timer functions (Sleep, Timeout) from concurrent
threads.

However, the UART part is bullet proofed and the
TCP stack did everything I needed till now. It
does not contain any Slip/PPP, but needs an Ethernet
controller (RTL8019AS).

Of course, the complete source for AVR-GCC is
included (if you don't forget to check it during
installation).

The code is free for private and commercial use,
open and closed source projects. As far as I can say,
it doesn't contain any GPL'ed parts, only LGPL with
additional comments for lesser restrictions from Dave.
Other parts have been stolen from BSD Linux.

Last not least: Without such a reliable compiler like
AVR-GCC this large project wouldn't have been possible.

Harald Kipp

egnite Software GmbH     TEL +49 (0)2323-925375
Westring 303             FAX +49 (0)2323-925374
D 44629 Herne            http://www.egnite.de
Germany

Buy Ethernut Online:  http://www.opticompo.com
Ethernut Support:     http://www.ethernut.de