[avr-gcc-list] Bootloader - SPM - Mega128

From: Pieter Potgieter
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] Bootloader - SPM - Mega128
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2002 17:06:51 +0200

Hi folks

Has someone written a bootloader for the mega128 ?

How do I get the following opcode to work?
 __asm__ __volatile__ ( "spm" : : );

If I use this the compiler tells me the following:
ccDPY2QO.s:1997: Error: illegal opcode spm for mcu atmega128

I intend to write macros to handle the assembler for the bootloader
page_write and page_load etc.

How is the SPM instruction involved, because in the example bootloader code
in the datasheet for the Mega128, I do not see the spm instruction being

Any suggestions or previous experience will be appreciated.

avr-gcc-list at http://avr1.org