Re: [avr-gcc-list] atmega128

From: Victor Sluiter
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] atmega128
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2002 17:47:20 +0100 (MET)

Hello,

As some of you might know, I'm working with the Win32 version, downloaded at
avrfreaks. In some weeks time, I'll be experimenting some new AVRs.... On my
work I do not have the possibillity to install either Linux or Unix, and at
home I'm just beginning to experimnent with SuSe Linux. Could anyone please
tell me how I can 'patch' the Win32 version? If not, I'll try to get the hang
of Linux :-)

Greetings, Victor

P.S.: I have installed Cygwin, but things like 'configure' keep giving
errors.....

> Eivind,
>
> I don't understand what you mean by "heavy patching". The process is well
> documented and from memory, consists of about 6 commands (2 patch, 2
> configure,
> 2 make).
>
> Unfortunately, if you don't want to patch and you can't wait for official
> releases, then I don't know what to suggest.
>
> Good Luck,
>
> Scott
>
> Quoting webmaster <address@hidden>:
>
> > Well, we have to realize that this kind of heavy patching work may not
> > be
> > for everybody.
> > I cant wait until a new release of gcc is due; so we perhaps get these
> > upgrades compiled into avrgcc and the binutils.
> >
> >     Eivind

Een gewaarschuwd schizofreen telt voor vier.
      - Fons Jansen

http://www.gmx.net