[avr-gcc-list] Debugging avr-as code

From: Matt Welsford
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] Debugging avr-as code
Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2002 02:23:51 -0000

Has anybody had any success debugging avr-as assembly code using the AVR
Studio?

My concerns are that the assembler doesn't produce enough debug information
in the elf executable for the Elfcoff converter to make a usefull COFF
translation.  It may also be useful to know what other people have tried so
that I don't repeat the effort.

If all else fails, I'll need to study the elf output and the coff output.
Can anybody tell me if the AVR COFF Specification is at a revision greater
that 1.0?  And of course which revision AVR Studio 3.53 supports.

Thanks
Matt