RE: [avr-gcc-list] AVR GCC compiler for win98

From: Sander Pool
Subject: RE: [avr-gcc-list] AVR GCC compiler for win98
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2002 21:21:40 -0700

Srikanth,

unfortunately the only packaged deal for win9x avrgcc comes from avrfreaks
and whichever kind soul put it together lost all interest and has not done a
refresh in close to half a year.

Quite a shame as avrgcc is such a fine compiler and not just because it's
free :-)

I've tried compiling avrgcc under cygwin but it's not trivial. Well, maybe
it is but I haven't succeeded yet. I have substantial unix/win9x development
experience so I probably could figure it out but I've delayed so far. There
are still other parts of my project that I can do with the mega163. Once I
need to move over to the m128 I'll first try the patch posted recently (run
it as a 103 with some changes) and then try to build it myself. If I succeed
I will make the binaries available.

You have to remember that gcc is about as linux oriented as it gets.
Therefore win9x support is only provided by very few people. Lots of folks
are perfectly happy with linux and avrgcc. Of course they see little reason
to build a win9x version :-)

</ramble>

        Sander