Re: [avr-gcc-list] avr-g++

From: Marek Michalkiewicz
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] avr-g++
Date: Fri, 24 May 2002 22:16:55 +0200 (CEST)

> Perhaps not even malloc().  avr-libc offers a malloc(), but its
> implementation as pretty simple and has a number of deficiencies.  (If
> i get around, i'll try to make it a bit more efficient.)  Apart from
> that, i've got an application that is using it (a one-shot timer
> service that allows for many concurrent timers in one program), so i
> can confirm that malloc() works.

Good to know that malloc works, as I haven't tested it for a long time.
Even better to know that you want to improve it :)

> Sure.  libstdc++ is /way/ too big to even think about building it for
> the AVR.  Omit it, and you'll at least get a working C++ compiler,
> though of course no C++ standard library.

Thanks for reminding me, I'll try to disable building libstdc++ in CVS
so the issue should be resolved for GCC 3.2.

As a side note - I'm looking for simple C++ code examples to test global
constructors/destructors changes (which I want to do in a different way -
keep the tables below 64K to avoid using RAMPZ).  I guess it's very simple
but I'm no C++ wizard, I'm not sure what is the correct order in which the
constructors should be called (as in the table, or reverse?), etc.

Marek