[avr-gcc-list] avr-libc-20020531 test release

From: Marek Michalkiewicz
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] avr-libc-20020531 test release
Date: Fri, 31 May 2002 23:24:00 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

here is a new avr-libc test release (requires GCC and binutils from CVS):

  http://www.amelek.gda.pl/avr/test/avr-libc-20020531.tar.gz

New in this version is support for using I/O registers directly in C
expressions, complete with all the <ioXXXX.h> files updated - it's the
kind of work almost like changing copyright notices ;).  See <sfr_defs.h>
for description - basically you can write things like:

        PORTA |= _BV(PA5);
        if (PINA & _BV(PA6)) { ... }

and expect it to do the right thing.  Old macros should still work,
even though they are now implemented in C, without a single "asm".
As usual, please test.  Assembler sources will need to be changed,
use _SFR_IO_ADDR(PORTA) where you previously used just PORTA.
(You can also #define __SFR_OFFSET 0 before #include <io.h> in your
asm source to make things work the old way, but it's a dirty hack,
not recommended for permanent use.)

Next thing I'd like to do is to add some basic C++ support (mainly
constructors/destructors, no big libstdc++ stuff), which will need
changes in binutils (ld scripts), GCC and avr-libc at the same time.

Marek