Re: [avr-gcc-list] preinit data bug in the new avr gcc tools

From: Marek Michalkiewicz
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] preinit data bug in the new avr gcc tools
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2002 17:31:19 +0200 (CEST)

> The compiler crashes on files that have more than 32K of pre-init flash
> data defined in them.  I have things that look like this...

I can't reproduce this bug with 20020609 and 20020617 CVS on Linux.
Please send me the complete test case, just in case it depends on some
compiler options I don't know about.  I've used 4 long strings (32201
bytes each) that fill almost all of the ATmega128 program memory.

> and when the total of this memory usage goes over 32K then the compiler
> crashes.  When the debugger starts up it says "Stack Overflow".  So this may
> be a gcc problem or it may be a windows build issue.

Can you try to track down exactly in which function this happens?

Thanks,
Marek