[avr-gcc-list] Compiling for MEGA128 on Freaks Experimental Release

From: Peter Bosscha
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] Compiling for MEGA128 on Freaks Experimental Release
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2002 16:51:12 +0200

Some of these are probably more of relevance to Marek ..

I have taken a project which compiles fine using previous release
Avrfreaks. (Target MEGA128)
(Ok, there are some modifications to get the thing to compile for
MEGA128, but most of the stuff's standard)

Findings so far:

1. Watchdog.
I now found out what else was wrong with the watchdog: WDTOE does not
exist on MEGA128 (Atmel renamed it ..)
So, besides the fact that wdt.h does not work at all (divisor is not
loaded), you can't even compile it.
(Does no one use this bloody thing ??)

2. __inw_atomic (in fact all the atomic stuff) does not exist anymore,
at first I thought I had to include iomacros.h (used to be automatic)
but that just causes much more problems. Is there another function for
this ? Must the user provide for cli / sei ?
The "inw(sfr)" in sfr_defs.h is not secure as far as I can tell.

3. Had a DDR() and PIN() macro which needed some tweaking but that
seems to work now.
(In case someone is interested)
#define DDR(x) _SFR_IO8(_SFR_ADDR(x)-1)
#define PIN(x) _SFR_IO8(_SFR_ADDR(x)-2)

For the rest, the project compiles with an amazing result; original
code size: 38822 bytes, new size: 38824 bytes. (Both using -O2)

I was hoping for the -O3 option to have been fixed but that one
generated 88K worth of code, not exactly optimised I'd say.

Regards
Peter