Re: [avr-gcc-list] jtag and gdb

From: Iztok Zupet
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] jtag and gdb
Date: Sun, 30 Jun 2002 17:33:06 +0200

On Sunday 30 June 2002 15:47, Klaus Rudolph wrote:
> Iztok Zupet wrote:
> > On Sunday 30 June 2002 12:48, Klaus Rudolph wrote:
> > > Hi all,
> > >
> > > I am searching for a jtag interface to gdb.
> > > I have a stk500 and want to debug with
> > > atmega128 with jtag and gdb. No solutions found on
> > > the net :-(. All I found is avr ice.
> > > But this is emulator/simulator from atmel or?
> > > No simple jtag/seriell or parallel converter available
> > > which works with gdb?
> > >
> > > Thanks for help,
> > >
> > > Klaus
> > > avr-gcc-list at http://avr1.org
> >
> > Hi:
> >  Try <http://avarice.sourceforge.net/>
>
> How can I use this software without the atmel avr ice hardware?
> I have a stk500, there is a jtag port available (stk501)
> and i need a connection to my serial or parallel port
> an after that a driver for it and after all this things i can use
> avarice?
>
> I donĀ“t want to by avrice from atmel. Or is there some
> big missunderstanding from my side?
>
> Wondering...
>       Klaus
> avr-gcc-list at http://avr1.org

 Debug opcodes for AVR JTAG interface are Atmel private!!!That's why AVaRice
works only with AVR JTAG ICE available from Atmel. The controller in there
tranlates AVaRIce or AvrStudio instructions into Atmel private debug JTAG
opcodes.

 Sorry, up to now, nobody has published the definitions of Atmel private JTAG
debug opcodes.

Regards
iz