Re: [avr-gcc-list] probelms with new avr-gcc from avr-freaks

From: Klaus Rudolph
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] probelms with new avr-gcc from avr-freaks
Date: Sat, 06 Jul 2002 21:37:00 +0200

Marek Michalkiewicz wrote:

> > instead of including <io.h> i use "io2.h" which is the following:
> > #include <io.h>
> > #undef _SFR_IO8
> > #define _SFR_IO8(x) (x)
> >
> > and all is compilable for me.
> > Can i run in any trouble with that for me simplier solution?
>
> Even simpler, put this at the top of your *.S source files:
>
> #define __SFR_OFFSET 0
> #include <io.h>
>
> See <avr/sfr_defs.h> for comments how it all works...

Oh thanks, i read it, but i have read it with brain switched off.
Thanks, you have absolutly right. Why such big additional io-files
if only one additional line is ok. Sometimes....RTFM ok, in hope
for next times:-)

Thats it for today, and i hope thats it for the week. Will spend some
time for the forrest tommorow.
Thank you for your great work, Marek.

Bye
        Klaus