[avr-gcc-list] An error compiling AVR code

From: Alexander Popov
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] An error compiling AVR code
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2002 12:17:02 +0300

    Hello,
    I have failed to compile some AVR code used to compile OK. The error is at
link time:
"relocation truncated to fit: R_AVR_7_PCREL no symbol"

Some time ago there was something in the forum about similar error, which was
produced by
rcall out of the +-2K words. I think this is not my case since I use AT90S8515
which has only
4K words and there should be no problems with rcall.

Another issue is that error is produced only in larger projects, not in small
test cases, even
with more files. So I have not included the sources, but can provide them on
request.

The versions of development tools I use:
GNU assembler version 2.13.90 (avr) using BFD version 2.13.90 20020909
gcc version 3.3 20020910 (experimental)
AVR-LibC 20020910-cvs

    Thanks for support!

    Alexander Popov