Re: [avr-gcc-list] How to use C++ with AVRGCC and a atmega128

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] How to use C++ with AVRGCC and a atmega128
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2002 12:36:45 +0200 (MET DST)

mark verlinden <address@hidden> wrote:

> Has anyone tried using the AVRGCC (build 20011214a) with C++. How do
> I tell the compiler to compile with C++?

That version is probably too old to really support C++.

Full C++ support has been added in recent versions of avr-libc, which
requires a current (3.3) version of gcc.  Older versions of avr-libc
didn't call global/static constructors/destructors.

> What should I change in the make file?

Normally, gcc detects C++ files by the file extension (.cpp, .cc, or
.C on Unix systems with case-sensitive file systems), and takes the
appropriate actions.

Since there's no libstdc++ for avr-gcc, you have a number of
restrictions that are explained in the FAQ.  See

avr-gcc-list at http://avr1.org