[avr-gcc-list] Constant in external flash

From: Kang Tin LAI
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] Constant in external flash
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2002 01:59:19 +0800

Hi,

For saving program memory for more codes, I intend to put all constants,
mainly the LCD character and graphic patterns, in a external flash rom.

Instead of using pointer, I hope a direct access, example:

const (may be some attribute here) float pi = 3.1416;
p = pi * d;

pi will not be linked into .data, pi will be accessed as external SRAM
(of cause readonly). My prediction that is an extra segment, linker will
put all these constants to this segment, then use objcopy to create a
file for flash rom writer or download.

Possible to do it? Or anyone implemented similar things before?

Regards.
--
---
Kang Tin LAI <address@hidden>