Re: [avr-gcc-list] r-engineering the JTAG-ICE protocol

From: Jesper Hansen
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] r-engineering the JTAG-ICE protocol
Date: Sat, 5 Oct 2002 16:15:36 +0200

Hi Karl,

I've been thinking of the same thing. Haven't started yet, but are
considering buying a JTAGICE so I can hack it.

The protocols is as you say synchronous, so a simple program
could be written on a mega16x or 8515 to log all the communication
between the ICE and the CPU being debugged.
Or, if it's too fast, the good old way with a storage scope works
too.

Please keep us informed about your progress.

/Jesper