[avr-gcc-list] 3.3 windows compiler

From: Larry Barello
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] 3.3 windows compiler
Date: Sun, 24 Nov 2002 10:36:06 -0800

I downloaded the WinAvr set

http://savannah.nongnu.org/download/avr-libc/snapshots/

and, with some fooling around, got it to work.  For some reason "make"
couldn't exec avr-gcc unless the directory pointing to it was early in the
path (win XP), which is odd since it is the same version as in the 3.2 and
3.02 releases on AvrFreaks.  I am guessing some sort of buffer overrun
problem in the support library.  Also, it doesn't contain the patch for
Atmel Object format, so if elfcoff doesn't work, and you don't use GDB, you
are out of luck.

Anyway, what is the current suite of command line options recommended for
compact compilations?  Right now I am just using -Os as -fno-reorder-blocks
doesn't seem to make a difference. The resulting code is slightly larger
than 3.2 and 3.02 (~32 bytes/4k)

Thanks Eric!