RE: [avr-gcc-list] [ANN] WinAVR 20030115

From: E. Weddington
Subject: RE: [avr-gcc-list] [ANN] WinAVR 20030115
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2003 16:32:11 -0700

On 15 Jan 2003 at 18:15, Waldner, Ed wrote:

> Eric, I was curious, is this (AvrGcc, WinAvr, etc..) a full time job
> for you or do you do this in your spare time?
>
> Ed Waldner
> Movaz Networks, Inc.

_spare time_

which recently is becoming sparer.

I currently work for a small company where we make RFID products
(transponders and reader units) for the pharmaceutical laboratory
market. We partner exclusively with another company that sells these
products.

I'm currently in the middle of writing software for a wireless,
battery powered, transponder reader probe and base station, both of
which use an ATmega128 as their microprocessor.

And our company has worked on a variety of engineering projects in
the past.

As to the naming of the project, WinAVR is the name of the "toolset"
or distribution. avr-gcc is the compiler, which is the GCC compiler
built for the AVR target. See:
http://www.gnu.org/software/gcc/gcc.html
for more information about the GCC compiler.

Eric