Re: [avr-gcc-list] Patch for indirect 16-bit I/O

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] Patch for indirect 16-bit I/O
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2003 10:22:01 +0100 (MET)

Marek Michalkiewicz <address@hidden> wrote:

> This should handle all these 16-bit I/O accesses addressed with
> pointers ("volatile" is required to force writing high byte first
> and reading low byte first in absolutely all cases, even if that
> makes the code less efficient).

Fine, thanks a lot!  I'll replace the old hack in my FreeBSD port by
this, so the updated FreeBSD port might give your patch a bit public
exposure.

> BTW, mainline currently requires that SEEK_{SET,CUR,END} are
> defined in <stdio.h> - otherwise some new libgcc2.c stuff (unused
> on the AVR, but it has to compile) will cause the build to fail.
> Just edit /usr/local/avr/include/stdio.h to add them manually...

We can easily add this to the official sources.  Since we don't need
it for our own library, i'd rather like to restrict its use to the gcc
build environment.  Do you know of a certain preprocessor macro that
is set while building gcc?