[avr-gcc-list] More complex question about placment of code.

From: Frantz
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] More complex question about placment of code.
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2003 07:07:37 +0100

Hello,

I’am trying to place a section for tbl of const placed in flash. In first time, I ve tried to place ram, and it’s ok

Char __attribute__((section=(MY_SECTION)))  my_var=1;

// address in ram of my_var is correct, but if I wrote:

But, with const placed with progmem:

const char PROGMEM __((section=(MY_SECTION)))  my_var=1;

// compiler doesn’t match an error but place my_var in flash without taken the attribute MY_SECTION in same time.

If somebody can help me, thank you in advance

Frantz