Re: [avr-gcc-list] Problem building avr-gcc on MinGW

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] Problem building avr-gcc on MinGW
Date: Thu, 6 Feb 2003 11:09:58 +0100 (MET)

>...  The native compiler on MinGW should also have the same problem,
>if it exists at all. I therefore think, that it is a configuration
>problem, not really a technical one how to implement fork and pipe
>functionality on Windows.

My guess is he isn't using collect2 at all.

>P.S. what is collect2 good for? is it needed at all?

ISTR it has been used to collect the C++ global/static
constructors/destructors for object formats that don't support them in
separate sections (a.out, COFF).  For ELF, it's not needed all, not
even for C++.  I have no idea whether Ada has something similar to
constructors/destructors and would thus require it at all.