[avr-gcc-list] code for 90s4433 is using SPH

From: Volkmar Dierkes
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] code for 90s4433 is using SPH
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2003 23:04:33 +0100

Hello,

I am using the january distribution of WinAVR and tried a small
program for the at90s4433. The 4433 has only a single byte for the
stack pointer because of its limited ram. But I am wondered that the
generated code is using SPH. Did I have an error or is this the
case? In the datasheet is only SPH defined with reserved, but no
hint that it is always zero. Maybe it doesn't matter which result it
returns, but I am using VMLAB for simulation and this tool sets
undefined values for such issues. And in this case you find these
errors with no problems.

Volkmar