Re: [avr-gcc-list] Servo Motor Reference

From: Brian Dean
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] Servo Motor Reference
Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2003 12:22:32 -0500

Hi Grant,

On Tue, Feb 11, 2003 at 12:57:24AM -0900, Grant Stockly wrote:

> I'm having trouble implementing a encoder feedback servo motor function on
> the AVR.  I would love to have a reference code in either ASM or C to see
> how everything fits together, and what timing variables were used.  I think
> I'm on the right track, but its just not working.

I'm not sure if this is exactly what you are after, but it should have
the basics in place.

        http://www.bdmicro.com/servo/

I wrote this implementation to experiment with a typical RC servo that
was modified for continuous rotation.  The encoder feedback is used to
increase or decrease the pulse width delivered to the servo, thus
varying its speed and direction.  If the encoder were tied to the
output shaft of the servo, the code could be modified without much
trouble to position the servo precisely (or at least to the resolution
of the encoder).

HTH.

Cheers,
-Brian
--
Brian Dean, address@hidden
BDMICRO - Maker of the MAVRIC ATmega128 Dev Board