RE: [avr-gcc-list] stdio is only partially functional

From: Sander Pool
Subject: RE: [avr-gcc-list] stdio is only partially functional
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2003 20:21:01 -0800

But it's unlikely that the same characters always display correctly.

> Also, you might temporarily add an additional delay before starting
> each character (at least two bit times for the serial line, i. e.  for
> a 9600 Bd line, at least 200 µs).  That way, you'll force a clear stop
> bit condition before the next start bit, to allow the receiver to
> resynchronize.
>
> Maybe even just enabling the two stop bits feature in the transmitter
> would yield the same effect.  The ATmega128 offers this feature, it's
> the USBS bit in the UCSRnC register.

Thanks for these extra tips, I'll save them for the next time my usart isn't
working right.

> > PS Joerg, what kind of mail program do you use?
>
> Since i'm gating this mailing list into a local newsgroup, i'm using
> my newsreader (knews).  Shouldn't normally matter.

Indeed, Outlook express (which reads both email and news) recognized your
message as a news message which screws it royally. Outlook 200o doesn't
care.

> I don't have the slightest idea even about what might be the
> difference between both. ;-)

One is free, the other costs $$ :-)

> Maybe it ``thinks'' my message were for a Usenet forum.  The only idea
> i have is, my news reader converts the original "Newsgroups" header
> into an "X-Original-Newsgroups" one when replying by email.  Just out
> of curiosity, i'll manually delete it in this message.  Look whether
> it makes a difference.  Perhaps time to write a bug report to
> Microsoft. :-)

It didn't make a difference but it's ok. If I need to respond to a message
from you while in the office I simply forward it to the list, that works
fine.

Thanks,

        Sander