[avr-gcc-list] rcall should be call?

From: Tyler Hall
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] rcall should be call?
Date: Sun, 06 Apr 2003 16:04:04 -0500

Hi, I working on a growing project written in C, targetting the mega323. I've hit a strange problem and narrowed it down to this: making a function call from main() to one of my other functions (which gets compiled/linked way past the 2k distance) the thing dies. Looking at the objdump I see that gcc felt it should attempt an rcall to the function even though the opcode operand could never reach the address. Is there a way I can force a call to a function to use 'call' rather than 'rcall'?

Thanks,
Tyler