RE: [avr-gcc-list] -fPIC/-fpic

From: tibor . harsszegi
Subject: RE: [avr-gcc-list] -fPIC/-fpic
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2003 7:24:36 +0200

Hi,

> How are you going to build the dynamic loader?
Why the hell do I need dynamic loader?
I have a set of functions in the bootstrap area.
I want to reuse them in the application area as well.
Why would I "load them dynamically" from the application section?
They're already present in the flash at the specific addresses.
I want to CALL them DIRECTLY instead of using silly function
pointer variables (eating up stack/ram space).

> But you find it more convenient to invent a shared loader from
> scratch?
I don't find using 'call' instead of 'rcall' THAT revolutionary.

Cheers,

t.