[avr-gcc-list] WinAVR, does it need cygwin?

From: Mike Panetta
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] WinAVR, does it need cygwin?
Date: 17 Apr 2003 13:51:56 -0400

Please excuse the odd post, as I am not sure if this is the best place
to ask, but its a simple question so hopefully its not too annoying ;).

I am in the process of putting together a CD of tools and docs for the
AVR mainly for myself, but some other people in the robotics club I go
to may also be interested, so for completeness I am including the
Windows versions of the tools (I am a Linux guy myself). I am not sure
if I should include Cygwin on the CD or not.  So far I have a Linux dir
with the pre built snapshot RPMS and SRPMS from the net, and a Sources
dir with the sources, but I am not sure what needs to go in the Windows
dir.  So far I have Srecord and WinAVR install files, and thats it.  So
to sum it all up, does WinAVR need Cygwin to be installed or not?  I did
attempt to find docs, but there was no clearly marked readme or
install.txt type file anywhere on the winavr site, and I can't
unpack/run the install executable to see if it has any docs built in, so
I am kinda in a bind there...

Thanks,
Mike