Re: [avr-gcc-list] VMLAB

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] VMLAB
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2003 09:34:33 +0200 (MET DST)

[Please don't write HTML mails.]

>Anyone out there using VMLAB for AVR simulation ?

I'm currently testing it under the Wine Windows emulation, and so far
it work pretty well there.  Volkmar Dierkes is also using VMLAB, but i
think you've already spoken with him, did you?

> I have a problem. I am unable to set breakpoints when I have
>multiple source (assembly) files.

What happens if you try?

>Has anyone one come across this problem. I am using winavr.

Since i don't have Windows, i don't use WinAVR.  This might be a
problem with objtool though.  As you probably might have heard, we're
working on a better solution there anyway, maybe that'll solve your
problem as well.

If you are prepared to compile your own GNU binutils (Eric Weddington
will certainly summarize you what needs to be done for this), i can
invite you for an alpha test of the new tool.  Currently, there are no
Windows binaries available for it, and right now, it still doesn't
make sense to provide them.  Anybody who wants to test should be able
to apply a new patch upon request, which implies a recompilation.