[avr-gcc-list] Boot loaders

From: Larry Barello
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] Boot loaders
Date: Sun, 8 Jun 2003 16:11:11 -0700

Ok, I think I need some help.  I have a boot loader that I modified for GCC.  I
stuck it
in it's own section called BootLoader and modified the makefile to locate that
section
in high memory.  But it doesn't show up on my map (neither does main?) and I
although I
can see the source in Studio, when the code jump to it, studio looses track.  I
can see
the Program counter incrementing, but no source.

----- near the start of my boot code ------
 .section BootLoader,"ax",@progbits
 .func BOOT_START
 .global BOOT_START

BOOT_START:

------- relevant section of the makefile -------
LDFLAGS
= -Wl,-lm,-Map=$(<:.o=.map),--cref,-v,--section-start=BootLoader=0x1F000
-mmcu=$(MCU)

It looks like my Boot code never made it into the COF file...

Any help out there?

Also, any tips for getting the C runtime interrupt vector table in my boot
section?  Or
do I just have to craft my own and not worry about the Clib version?

Cheers!

----
Larry Barello
www.barello.net